- Wee Willie Winkie rins through the toun,
- Up stairs and doon stairs in his nicht-goun,
- Tirlin' at the window, cryin' at the lock,
- "Are the weans in their bed, for it's noo ten o'clock?"
- "Hey, Willie Winkie, are ye comin' ben?
- The cat's singin' grey thrums to the sleepin' hen,
- The dog's spelder'd on the floor, and disna gi'e a cheep,
- But here's a waukrife laddie that winna fa' asleep!"
- Wee Willie Winkie runs through the town,
- Up stairs and down stairs in his night-gown,
- Tapping at the window, crying at the lock,
- "Are the children in their bed, for it's now ten o'clock?"
- "Hey, Willie Winkie, are you coming in?
- The cat's singing purring to the sleeping hen,
- The dog's spread out on the floor, and doesn't give a cheep,
- But here's an insomniac boy who will not fall asleep!"
On peut aussi écouter la chanson ici en remerciant Scuilwab
D'autres nursery rhymes de Lawson Wood sur Visual telling of Stories