04/06/2010

Sillitoe




"Jerusalem"
The loneliness of the long distance runner, 1962
Scénario : Alan Sillitoe d'après sa nouvelle
Dir. : Tony Richardson
Dans la prison pour jeunes, le cantique pendant la correction
Mis en ligne par tribble97






"As soon as I got to Borstal they made me a long-distance  cross-country runner. I suppose they thought I was  just the build for it because I was long and skinny for my age (and still am) and in any case I didn't mind it much, to  tell you the truth, because running had always been made much of in our family, especially running away from the  police. I've always been a good runner, quick and with a big stride as well, the only trouble being that no matter how fast  I run, and I did a very fair lick even though I do say so myself,  it didn't stop me getting caught by the cops after that bakery  job."

Alan Sillitoe, 04/03/1928-25/04/2010 - (les premières lignes de) La solitude du coureur de fond.


Et pendant ce temps-là...
"...ce parfait crétin est arrivé avec mon rasoir et un cutter qu'il avait trouvé dans la cuisine. Puis il a déclaré qu'il devait nous emmener avec lui, car nous étions des terroristes."

Aucun commentaire: